Camarones a la diabla Sinaloa style
Sinaloa-style diabla shrimp are characterized by being cooked with the famous ketchup sauce and the popular chipotle chile. Also, the variety of large shrimp is usually used, although if we do not have it we can use a smaller shrimp.
Whether we have a lot of time or not, in RecipesFree we share all the secrets of this popular recipe, so we explain in an easy and simple way how to make shrimp a la diabla Sinaloa style. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to cook them, the time has finally come!
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
The first thing to do is to prepare the shrimp marinade, since Sinaloa-style diabla shrimp are first mixed with the ingredients. Mix the chopped garlic with the chopped onion, half the butter, the dash of oil and the lemon juice.
Add the peeled, headless and deveined shrimp, mix and add salt to taste. We let them rest for a few minutes, although if we have enough time, the ideal is to leave them for a couple of hours in the fridge.
While they rest, to continue with the shrimp a la diabla Sinaloa style and elaborate the famous sauce, we take advantage of the time and crush or liquefy the ketchup with the chipotles in adobo. We taste and add salt to taste. We reserved it for a moment.
After the time of rest, we put a frying pan to heat with the remaining butter. Once hot, add the shrimp with the marinade ingredients and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add the sauce, mix and bring to a boil. Once the boiling point is reached, lower the heat to simmer the Sinaloa style diabla shrimp until done and the sauce thickens.
And that’s it! We can now serve our exquisite Sinaloa style diabla shrimp recipe accompanied by white rice, avocado, pasta, varied vegetables…, whatever we like best! And if you want to know other Mexican recipes, don’t miss this article with the 15 most typical dishes of Mexico.
How to Make Perfect Sinaloa Style Diablo Shrimp
In order for the Sinaloa-style diabla shrimp recipe to be at its ideal point, it is very important to follow these tips:
- Seafood such as shrimp are cooked very fast, which is why the sauce must be added to the skillet before they are completely cooked. In this way, they are just cooked with the juice and the result is as expected, otherwise they would be too dry and hard.
- Constant stirring is a step we must not skip so that shrimp are cooked evenly and integrated with the ingredients of the marinade.
- When in doubt, it is better to cook at medium-low heat, even if this means taking a little longer. Why? Very simple, because as we said, shrimp cook very fast, and this way we can control much better their cooking.
- We can always correct flavors with salt or lemon juice.
- To thicken the sauce faster, we can add a tablespoon of flour or cornstarch.