Pork and cabbage sandwiches
Description of preparation:
The highlight of this recipe is that the pork is stewed with Coke. The unusual combination of warm meat and cold cabbage mixture gives these sandwiches a unique taste.
The main ingredient:
Meat / Pork
Sandwiches / Snacks / Burgers / Sandwich
1. Cut the onions into four pieces. Heat the oven to 65 degrees. Season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides, place in a pot, place the onion on top and bake. Pour Adobo sauce and pepper chipotle on top and two cans of Coke. Add brown sugar and stir.
Cover the lid tightly and cook for approx. 6 hours in the oven, turning two or three times during the cooking process. Check the meat after 6 hours, it should be easily separated from the bone. Check this with two forks. If the meat does not separate well, return it to the oven for another hour. Take the meat out of the pot and place it on a chopping board or worktop. Using two forks, separate the meat from the bones. Throw out the fat. Return the shredded meat back into the pot and keep it warm until ready to serve.
2. Slimming down the cabbage. Slittle jalapenos. Mix cabbage and jalapenos in a bowl.
3. Mix milk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and cayenne pepper in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture of cabbage in. Mix it up. Cover the lid and put it in the fridge for two hours.
Add coriander leaves before serving.
4. Lubricate both halves of the sandwich rolls with oil and then fry them in a pan until golden and crispy.
5. Place chopped pork on each slice and then cabbage and jalapeno in a creamy mixture. Cover the top with the remaining slices of buns.